Monday, June 13, 2011

2011 So Far!

We're only half way through the year and I already feel like 2011 has been quite the journey!

January: I woke up on New Year's Day with a call that Jason's dad had been taken to the hospital in an ambulance and soon found out it was Meningitis. I spent the first 10 days of my year at Jason's side in the hospital, praying that his father was alright. He ended up pulling through and is still working on a full recovery. I started my last semester at the U of A and tested for my Brown One belt.

February: I was super sick the first two weeks of February. I was even sick on Valentine's Day...my favorite day of the year. The weekend after I got better Jason and I headed to California to watch his kids at Compete Nationals. From there we headed to Disneyland to celebrate a delayed Valentine's Day.

March: Jason began working on opening his second business and I began searching for "real" jobs. Jason found a location and I helped him begin moving stuff into the business.

April: I gave a huge presentation for the Dean of Agriculture's retiree farewell and made a connection at the meeting who offered me a job. Jason and I celebrated our two-year anniversary by spending the day on Patagonia Lake.

May: I found out that my hopeful job had fallen through and graduated a week later. I had an amazing graduation party but felt bummed out that I did not have a job lined up. Jason officially opened his second business.

June: I helped out at VBS! My nephew was born! AND BEST OF ALL? I GOT A JOB!

What's left for the year?
Well first, I need to actually start my job. I also need to find a new place to live. I really want to decorate a place and make it feel like it is all MINE! I'm hoping to find a place that will let me throw some paint on the wall and put some holes in the wall...we'll see what happens.

In two weeks I test for red belt...my last colored belt before black belt! I can't believe I've been training so long! It feels like I just started!

I've started making hair flowers and headbands. I want to stock pile for awhile and try to sell them around Christmas.

I'm very excited to see what the rest of 2011 brings!

0 comments: