Friday, April 16, 2010

Happy One Year to US!

This weekend is mine and Jason's one year...woohoo! We are going to be really busy so I'm making this post now... Happy One Year Jason, love you!



How long have you and your significant other been together?
One year!

How did you meet?
We met in our acting class at the UA.

Tell a funny story about before you got together:
One of the first times Jason and I hung out he had to pick me up in his sister’s car because she had his truck. When Jason went to turn on what he thought was the Usher CD we heard a narrator say, “Over the bridge and through the woods, to grandmother’s house we go!” He instantly started to claim it was his nephew’s, I still tease him that he had been listening to it before he picked me up.

Have you met their parents? When? How did it go?
Yes, the first time I met Jason’s parents was Easter 2009. It went really well, we had an egg hunt, played basketball, and went to Denny’s. We are very close with his parents.

Have they met your parents? When? How did it go?
He went with me to drop off some furniture I didn’t want anymore. He was terrified, but it went just fine!

What do they call you?
LA, Laura ANN, Laura Ann CooOoooOOole, babes, etc.

What do you call them?
Jay, babes, KJN, Jason Robert Adam Cole to the 5th degree, etc.

How did they ask you to be with them?
He kept asking, I finally gave in :p

What do you enjoy doing together?
Lots! There is the obvious- Martial Arts, but we also go to movies, shop, hike, play basketball, visit with friends, paintball, vacation, go to musicals, play board games, long board, etc.

What is something most couples do not enjoy that you do?
We like going to the dump!

Do you remember the first time you saw them?
Yes, he showed up to our acting class 15 minutes late wearing basketball shorts, a polo, and a basketball hat backwards. I thought he was a goober.

What do they say about the first time they saw you?
Haha, he always says he remembers me turning and looking at him coming in late, apparently I had my hands on my hip with one leg sticking out and I looked disgusted with him. He also says I had on a green shirt and it made my eyes stand out.

What was your first interaction?
We had to make up a skit in class and we were chosen to be the team leaders on the two opposing teams. He kept yelling at me that I was “going down”.

When was the first time you hung out alone?
We went and saw “Medea” for our acting class…he fell asleep.

Do you have any common friends?
We didn’t when we met, but now we do.

Do you guys have any strange traditions?
Plenty! Whenever we first see each other during the day we “give me all ya got” which is a smile with no teeth. Whenever we go to the movies we go buy our tickets, take him to Guess, and then me to Pink. Whenever we go somewhere and have to wait we play a math game he invented (I know, I know). On Saturdays I always meet him at the studio, we get lunch, then go to Target. A bunch of other things too, but I won’t bore you…

Who is older?
Jason two years and two months older.

Where do you two hangout?
The karate studio, our houses, and lately with the weather being so nice we’ve been in his backyard a lot.

What is the nicest thing he/she has ever gotten you?
He has got me lots of nice stuff! Victoria Secret luggage and jackets, two trips to Vegas, two Fossil watches, a Guess purse, Guess jeans, 600 hair ties, a trampoline, etc.

What is the nice thing you have ever given him/her?
I’d say the electric razor I got him or his Fossil briefcase.

Who was the first person you told when you began dating him/her?
Haha, I actually think it was my boss, Peggy. She had been wanting me to date him for a few months and I knew she would be excited.

Do you guys have a spot?
Yeah it’s the place we hiked to one day before we got together.

What is something he/she does that makes you laugh?
A lot. For one he’ll slyly drop an inside joke during karate lessons to make me laugh, then when I laugh he jokingly yells at me for laughing which of course makes me laugh more. He also likes to try to do my hair. He’ll work really hard at it but it always ends up looking awful. He always looks so confused when it turns out awful. Oh…and he likes to chase me around the house pretending to be a Gila Monster.

0 comments: