Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Great Pumpkin Loaf Debacle of '08.

Caroline Hutchings came to see me this weekend.

Friday night she got here around 5:30 so I made us some bowtie pasta then we went to Target and Michaels to get some stuff for the making of Julia's birthday gifts. While out we also ran to Walmart and purchased some cookie dough.

When we returned to my apartment we attempted to make some cookies, however, we placed the cookies too close together on the cookie sheets and ended up with giant sheets of dough...still delicious. We watched Drillbit Taylor and got to work on Julia's gift. After that we went to bed.

Saturday morning we woke up and got ready. I called the landlady because one of our coolers went out then headed to Starbucks. I decided to order some pumpkin loaf and in the middle of my ordering it Caroline announced to the cashier and myself that I should heat my pumpkin loaf, I told her I liked it cold so we sat there jokingly arguing for a good 10 minutes to whether or not I should heat my pumpkin loaf or not...we had the cashier laughing pretty hard.

After Starbucks we headed to the mall where Caroline got some outrageously orange shoes. Next we went to Ross and then out to eat at Paradise Bakery. Next we headed to 4th Ave. where we both found some cool stuff but neither purchased anything. We came back to my ridiculously warm apartment where I once again called the landlady. We finished up Julia's gift then decided we would like some dinner. We decided we would enjoy either Chilli's or Panda so I text Wes to see if he knew where one might be and all he said was, "Yepp." Seeing that Caroline and I were on our own we started driving, spotted a 5 & Diner and decided to eat there. We had a good time chatting and what not and then headed back to the apartment. We talked and played some games. Eventually it was time for bed so I went back into my room, after about 10 minutes of feeling like I could burst into flames at a moment's notice I came into the living room and passed out on the tile.

This morning I woke up and once again called the landlady before Caroline and I headed to Starbucks. Caroline left after that and I once again called the landlady with no answer. Been hanging out the rest of the day, going to church in a few hours, the landlady finally called and aid someone would be out tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

Carolimabean7 said...

I'm wearing my outrageously orange shoes right now! Terrific!

I had so much fun this weekend. I'm really glad I could finally make it down there!

And I'm still angry at your landlady for not calling you back sooner.

Sara White said...

Damn pumpkin loaf, it'll get you in trouble every time!