Monday, September 21, 2009

Viva Las Vegas

Well I just realized that in the post below this (containing the trip pictures) I used damn twice instead of dam...I feel stupid.

Anyways the trip was a blast. Thursday I finished class, Jason and his parents picked me up and away we went. The trip went pretty smoothly and we got to Vegas about eight. We checked in and then grabbed some dinner. We went down and just kinda explored the hotel for awhile, gambled, and had a drink. We were all exhausted by then so we hit the hay early.

Friday morning we woke up early and went down the buffet. We were considered VIPs while at the hotel and got to cut to the front of the (very long) line every time we ate...hoorah. After breakfast we went to the Bodies exibit. I really enjoyed this exhibit. After Bodies we walked the strip and ended up stopping at Toby Keith's bar. Jason fell in love with this bar and we came back everyday for lunch. After lunch Jay and his dad went gambling and his mom and I shopped. We went out to dinner then went and saw Ka. It was amazing and one of my favorite parts of the trip.

Saturday morning we woke up and headed to the Titanic Exhibit. Jason is a hisory freak so he would read each fact off the wall then announce whether or not he had previously known that fact. It cracked me up because I don't think he ever realized what he was doing. After Titanic we once again expolored the strip stopping and shopping at differnt places. Once again we ended up at Toby Keith's and we watched some football games. We headed back to the hotel and saw Criss Angels' preformance which was officially the stupidest thing ever. We went to dinner then Jason and I went out for the evening. We first went to this lounge called Aurora and just talked then we headed to LAX night club. Once again being a VIP came into play and we got to walk right in. We danced most of the night and found a group of Med students to hang out with. When we got back to the hotel we watched this special with Jay's parents about a new, crazy-technological appartment complex they are building.

Sunday we once again hit the buffet then headed to the shops at the Forum. We shopped for awhile then ate lunch and hit the road. Jason's parents took me to the Hoover Dam while Jay slept in the car. We finally got back to Tucson about 11PM.

Pictures are posted below.

0 comments: