Saturday, July 9, 2011

Blood, sweat, but NO TEARS!

Today at 6am I started my first session of black belt training. You must complete 3 consecutive cycles of training with 90% attendance before you can test for black belt.

We started off "easy" with push-ups, short sprints, working on our forms, and working on boxing pattern. Next we army crawled half a mile... producing lovely bloody knees elbows from the grass. We finished off by running a time mile.

The training was EXTREMELY difficult while it was occurring, but I felt good about myself when it was over...I'm actually looking forward to next week! This week was a "starter" week, meaning they took it easy on us. I am looking forward to rising to the challenge as things become more difficult.

Another step closer to black belt...

0 comments: