Monday, May 31, 2010

Live. Love. Laugh.

This is probably one of the best weekends I've had in awhile...

Thursday after work I took my blue one (blue with a black stripe down the middle) belt test for karate. This was the hardest and most exhausting of the belt tests I have taken so far, however, I passed my test and was the only one of my group who did not receive a re-test. After the test Jason's parents took us out to dinner.

Friday I went over to Jason's and we watched House for a few hours then ran errands and went shopping. I was able to pick-up my new glasses. I think they're pretty cute and my eyes are enjoying the occassional break from contacts. We headed to the studio, Jason worked and I played with some of the kids, practiced my form, and chatted. When it was over we stayed and goofed around with a few people for awhile.

Saturday I woke up and headed to the studio for a tournament. I was so excited because my parents were able to come down and watch. I took 2nd place in forms and 1st in sparring. After the tournament Jason, my parents and I went and ate at Frog N' Firkin on University.

Sunday I woke up and headed to Gilbert. My parents, Sara, Maecy and I loaded into the car and headed to Glendale for Cokie's graduation party. It was really fun and I enjoyed seeing the extended family. Maecy and I spent a few hours in the pool, we listened to Brad and Grandpa play music then we headed home. I went over to Neiko's and hung out with him and Derek.

Today I woke up and Julia came over. We made French toast and went to Target. Afterwards I headed back to Tucson. The rest of today I've just been lazy, watching TV, and eating. It feels so good to relax.

I loved this weekend. I loved being able to spend time with Jason, my family and my friends all within a few days. I wish Gilbert and Tucson were closer.

0 comments: