Sunday, September 21, 2008

A homework assignment I enjoyed:

Discovering Yourself Extra Credit Assignment:
You must write 20 “I believe” statements. Please feel free to be as deep or facile as you like, but please, be honest. You may use quotes from other people but please give them credit.

1. I believe that “It is much harder to judge yourself than to judge others. If you succeed at judging yourself it is because you truly are a wise man.”
– The Little Prince.

2. I believe that conceit is ugly and selflessness is beautiful.

3. I believe you should always say, “I forgive you,” when someone apologizes, not, “It’s okay”… maybe what they did wasn’t okay.

4. I believe that everyone reaches a point in their life when they realize their parents gave them the advice they did because they’ve been there before.

5. I believe that you must… “Look up at the sky. Ask yourself, ‘has the sheep eaten the flower or not?’ And you’ll see how everything changes… And grownups will never understand how such a thing could be so important.”
–The Little Prince (If you don’t understand this quote read the book…it’s my favorite)

6. I believe that just because someone doesn’t love you the way you want doesn’t mean they don’t love you with everything they have.

7. I believe you are only as good as the love you give to others.

8.I believe… “If you’re not working towards something; you’re not working hard enough.”
–Andrew Olson

9. I believe… “Other things may change us but we start and end with family.”
- Anthony Brandt

10. “I believe in the future of agriculture with a faith born not of words but of deeds.”
–E.M. Tiffany

11. I believe that everyone has someone in their life who loves them more than they’ll ever know.

12. I believe that the best remedy for being sick is your mother’s love.

13. I believe… “Once in a blue moon, people will surprise you. And once in a while, people may even take your breath away. ”
- Grey’s Anatomy

14. I believe… “I can't quote the bookThe chapter or the verseYou can't tell me it all endsIn a slow ride in a hearse”
-Brooks and Dunn

15. I believe that… “An honest answer is like a kiss on the lips.”
-Proverbs 24:26

16. I believe that my dad holds a place in my heart that no one else can ever fill.

17. I believe that in a way bad days are beautiful because they help you appreciate the good days.

18. I believe that working hard for something is incredibly more rewarding than having it handed to you.

19. I believe… “We've all got meanness in us, but we've got goodness too. And the only thing worth living for is the good. And that's why we've got to make sure we pass it on.”
–Where the Heart Is

20. I believe… “For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
–John 3:16

1 comments:

Sara White said...

Love it! Especially the future of Ag.....you hick!